Cypress Cay is a deed restricted community where homeowners and residents must abide by a set of rules. These rules can be found in the "Declaration of the Covenants and Restrictions" of Cypress Cay referred to as the "Cypress Cay Docs" and the "Rules and Regulations". Links to these document are available below. You will need the Adobe Acrobat reader to view these documents. If it is not on your system see the Adobe Logo on the bottom left of your screen.
Click here to view: Cypress Cay Docs
Amendments have been made to the DOCs and filed with the court.
Click here to view: Amendments 1 and 2
A number of rules have been modified but not incorporated in the above document at this time. They are documented below.
- The rule for overnight street parking was modified by the board at the 2/12/08 BOD’s meeting. This is documented in the following "02-12-08 minutes". This applies to article 2 page 7 of the Cypress Cay Rules and Regulations. The modified rule prohibits overnight street parking, defined as being from 2:00AM to 7:00AM with no notice before towing required.
- The speed limit within the community was changed at the 8/10/10 BOD's meeting from 17 mph to 20 mph. This is documented in the following "08-10-10 minutes". This applies to article 1 page 3 of the Cypress Cay Rules and Regulations. This new speed limit is posted on the current speed limit signs.
- The rule for violation fining was changed at the 4/12/11 BOD's meeting to reflect the Florida Statues as defined in "720.305(2)". This is documented in the following "04-12-11 minutes". This applies to article 5 page 2 of the Cypress Cay Rules and Regulations.
The Florida laws governing Home Owner Association are contained in Florida Statues Chapter 720
Here are some of the more prevalent rule violations:
- Parking on the street between 2:00 AM to 7:00 AM.
- (Vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense)
- Parking on the common area. (Vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense)
- Parking on your lawn.
- Parking campers, boats and or trailers in your driveway or front yard.
- Parking your business vehicle with company lettering in your driveway.
- Operating non licensed motorbikes, go carts, pocket bikes etc. on the streets in the community.
- Not keeping up your landscaping.
- Not leashing and/or picking up after your pet. DOCs 6.25. It's also the law fined at $25 to $200. &Click on the following link to view a correspondence from the Board regarding this matter.
- Allowing mold to accumulate on your mailbox.
- Not paying your assessment in a timely manner.
Recommendations for some of these rule violations:
- Mailbox mold: Spray with a solution of 50% bleach and 50% water and brush off to clean.
- Parking: If you have a temporary need for extra parking space for overnight guests etc. talk to the board about parking at the pool area.
- Business Vehicles: Use a magnetic cover over the lettering while parked in your driveway or put the vehicle in the garage.
- Pick up your pet solid waste using a plastic bag covering your hand then turn it inside out to contain the waste.
- Use Gateway RV Storage Lot for Campers, Motor Homes, R/V trailers etc see Gateway RV Storage Info
Cypress Cay Signs
The following link provides specifications for Cypress Cay Signs. Take notice of both pages.
All "For Sale" or "For Lease" signs posted in Cypress Cay must follow these specifications.